Friday, February 10, 2012

Just a journal entry

So on January 13, my manager, the best I've had in my career, resigned her position and left the bank.  This, after greeting us as normal and informally scheduling a meeting for later that morning, created many unanswered questions when, within an hour or two, her manager called my co-workers and me to behind closed doors to announce her resignation, effective immediately, and telling us she had already left the building.  Shock and grief are not too strong of words to express our surprise and four weeks later, the hole still exists.

That day I called Joe, my old manager from my days at Wells Fargo.  He had been packaged following the reoganization of his team after the Wachovia purchase and several months before had given me his card and asked me to keep my eyes open for him.  He called me back and said he had posted for Lorri's position.

Within a week of Lorri's resignation, our Real Estate and Leasing manager, Bob, resigned, effective two weeks from now.  He just doesn't feel the job is a good fit for him personally, despite really liking the company and the team.  I have loads of respect for him for realizing this and leaving before letting any gunk get in the way.  He is amazing in his dedication to leaving his department in as good a shape as possible.

Then this last Wednesday, February 8, at our department's weekly meeting, Julie, the head of our department and the one who told us the news of the resignations, announced that she would be stepping into Bob's position and Joe would assume her role as head of the department, leaving Lorri's position still unfilled.  She also announced a new position, Design Manager, that would be filled by Tomomi, one of my fellow development managers.

Whew.  It's been a week of change and putting on a face and knowing these are really positive changes to our department but still wondering how it will all shake out.  I'll keep me posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment